1/19/10

Fame

Ensemble cast
Drama, Rated PG (2009)

This is a story about dreams. The movie follows a group of dancers, singers, actors, and musicians from their Freshman to Senior year at a prestigious and competitive school of creative and performing arts in New York City. They all start out in one place with a dream and a goal and by the end of the four years some will make it and some won't. That's the harsh reality of show business and these young would be stars have a front row seat.

  • I remember the original 1982 version so I was really looking forward to this one coming out.
  • It's the age old story of young people who have this dream and a passion for a field that is so incredibly unforgiving.
  • It was not a tear jerker by any means but I know what it's like to have a dream and I have a soft spot in my heart that is touched when I watch a movie about it.
  • The acting was OK and the story line was a little flat but all of the amazing dancing and singing made up for it. It it's not your thing it probably won't interest you much.
  • Ensemble cast of unknown actors. I heard they scoured the country casting for this.
  • This movie really was about the dream. There was a little bit of drama but not enough to detract from the basic premise of the movie.
3 STARS

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails