8/27/09

Sunshine Cleaning

Comedy/Drama, 2008 (Rated R)
Starring: Emily Blunt, Amy Adams

Rose was the popular cheerleader in school but her life has not exactly panned out the way she had hoped. She enlists her sister Norah to go into business together in the "niche" industry of crime scene post-mortem clean up in their small town.

  • Rose is a 30 something single mom struggling to make it. She just wants to feel good about herself and her life. It's a story about a woman finding her way but without all the glitz of movies like Confessions of a Shopaholic.
  • So many woman including myself can probably identify with Rose. Nobody wants to be the popular cheerleader who ends up a failure.
  • Oh boy, I would not have the stomach to do what they do. Just regular cleaning up after folks would be hard for me without all of the blood and guts.
  • There is a scene in the movie where Rose (Amy Adams) is in bed waiting for her lover and she is wearing a lavender chemise with white polka dots from Victoria's Secret. I know this because I have the very same one!! It's one of my favorites.
  • I really liked this movie.
4 STARS

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails