8/1/09

Martyrs

Foreign/Horror, 2008 (NR)
Starring: Morjana Alaoui, Mylene Jampano

Rundown: This movie is about a child who escaped from a horrific torture chamber as a child and what happens when she ends up back at the scene of her torment 15 years later.

  • This movie is in a word disturbing.
  • I have never seen anything like it.
  • Extremely graphic and violent.
  • I have a high tolerance for violence and gore in movies and even I was left stunned after what I saw. I simply didn't know what to think.
  • Certain images from the movie replayed in my head hauntingly so even a couple days after watching.
  • It had me literally looking up the word 'martyrs' on wikipedia and then pondering its meaning and how it ties in with the movie.
5 Stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails