2/18/10

Couples Retreat

Starring: Vince Vaughn, Malin Akerman, Jason Batemen, Kristin Bell, Jon Favreau, Kristin Davis and Faizon Love
Comedy, 2009 (PG 13)

With their marriage quickly falling apart at the seems spurred on by infertility issues Dave and Cynthia enlist the help of their friends by asking them to go with them to a couples retreat where they can get counseling so that the price will be affordable. The other couples have no interest in couples counseling but motivated by a week in paradise and their friends' plea for help they decide to accompany them. It turns out that Dave and Cynthia weren't the only ones in need of a relationship overhaul. The singles island is a temptation for one and they all find themselves in a place they didn't think they would on their tropical vacation paradise retreat.

  • This movie was funny but not as funny as I thought it would be.
  • There was a lot of wordy dialogue throughout so there were moments that kind of got slow for me.
  • Vince Vaughn was hilarious as usual. He plays the same kind of character over and over but does it well.
  • Actually, they all did a great job showcasing their comedic acting abilities and it was a really great cast that I enjoyed watching.
  • Malin Akerman is cute as a button.
  • Kristin Davis has a great body. She was the oldest of the female leads but she looked just as good as the young bucks. It's always fun to see her in other movies after loving her so much as Charlotte in Sex In The City.
  • I really like the storyline. The idea of couples working on their marriages and re connecting.
  • That freakin' island was amazing!! I wanted to jump through the screen and be there myself it was so beautiful and idyllic. It was filmed in Bora Bora which is an island in Tahiti.

3 STARS

1 comment:

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Still haven't seen this, but I REALLY want to! I love Vince Vaughan and I missed it when it was in theaters. Looking at still shots of that island was enough to make me want to watch it....I could definitely go for a vacay right about now!

Have a great weekend, sweetie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails