2/17/10

Bright Star

Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw
Drama: 2008, Rated PG


This is a period drama set in 1800's london and is the true story of Fannie Brawne (Cornish) who falls in love with writer John Keats (Whishaw). Initially, John thinks not much of her kindness to him while his brother is dying and her subsequent interest in poetry piques his interest. John's friend and Fannie have an utter dislike for each other but despite this John is smitten. Their love can go no further because Keats does not make an income and therefore does not have the money it would take to marrie Fannie.
  • I got this movie because Abbie Cornish is in it. I think she is beautiful and quite a talented actress. I also like love stories.
  • She did a great job in this movie but nothing much could help the fact that the movie was dry and quite boring for the most part.
  • It just went on and on and to be honest I shut it off probably missing the last 10 minutes or so because something was coming on TV that I wanted to watch. Instead of finishing it later I just figured I wasn't missing much and called it a day.

2 Stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails