10/16/09

Drag Me To Hell

Starring: Alison Lohman, Justin Long
Horror, 2009

A loan officer who does not provide a mortgage extension to an old sick woman is cursed. Over the next three days she is tormented by an evil spirit as she competes for a coveted promotion and the good graces of her boyfriend's mother.
  • I watched the unrated theatrical version.
  • I liked this movie a lot more then I expected. It had all the makings of a really bad horror movie but I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Not once, but twice I screamed out in fear. Lots of bodily fluids in this one, be prepared!
  • It was refreshing somehow because although it had a classic horror movie kind of formula it still kept me guessing. Aside from the evil spirits trying to drag me to hell bits it actually had a decent story line.
  • Some of the special effects were a little fake but that didn't really bother me.
  • I wondered at first why Lohman was even in this movie. This is such a departure from her usual dialogue driven dramas. There is just something so vulnerable and and sweet about this actress . She did a great job and although going into it I thought this movie was "beneath" her I think the movie rose to her standards-for a horror movie of this nature.
4 Stars

1 comment:

Eternally Fixated said...

luvv this blog! good info!
pls chk out our fashion style & celebrity gossip blog!
www.eternallyfixated.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails