3/23/10

Did You Hear About The Morgans?

Starring: Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker
Romantic Comedy, 2009 (Rates PG 13)


A couple on the verge of divorce witness a murder together and find themselves forced to leave their high powered life of luxury in New York to enter the witness protection program. Meryl is the owner of a successful real estate firm and Paul is an attorney. What will they do when they find themselves together in the middle of small town USA without their assistants?
  • Ever since he played the love obsession of Bridget Jones (Zellweger) in Bridget Jones Diary it seems that someone somewhere decided that Hugh Grant with his English accent, flashing blue eyes, and awkward demeanor is hot. And it seems to have stuck.
  • Don't get me wrong, I like Hugh Grant. I do think he's attractive but he's more nerd then hot if you asked me.
  • A lot of his sarcastic quips throughout the movie were funny but some of them were just plain old corny.
  • I didn't exactly feel the love connection between Grant and Parker. There was just no chemistry. There was nothing there that made me want to root for them.
  • I love Sarah Jessica Parker and am usually quite happy to watch anything that she is in. I love it how she managed to look stylish in a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and some boots.
  • The movie was sort of predictable but what can you expect? It was a romantic comedy.

4 STARS

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails